If you have a query which isn't answered in this helpful guide section, try the FAQs, or contact our friendly team on email@example.com
Measuring carpet depth:
Choosing a chair mat based on usage:
AFS-TEX Product Use and Care Instructions:
Last updated: 28 June 2018
In order to get the best results from your AFS-TEX™ mat or Dynamic footrest, please note the following:
1) The AFS-TEX™ product should be laid on a flat and even indoor floor.
2) Do not wear high-heeled or stiletto footwear while using the mats, this could result in puncturing of the mat surface.
3) Ensure the product surface is kept clean. Grit or other debris on the product surface could cause damage to the surface from foot movement friction.
4) Only clean the AFS-TEX™ product using mild soap and water. Ensure that it is totally dry, top and bottom, before further use.
5) Do not fold AFS-TEX™ mats, as this is liable to create excess material strain and damage.
6) Do not use caster-based chairs on AFS-TEX™ mats.
7) Do not anchor AFS-TEX™ mats with heavy objects or furniture.
8) AFS-TEX™ 2000, 2000X, 3000, 3000X and Active Platform models have 20 degree ADA trip hazard compliant bevelled edges. For added safety, position your AFS-TEX™ product under your desk and away from walkways when not in use.
AFS-TEX™ 4000X, 5000 and 5000S2S (in addition to the above)
9) Use the raised ergo bar to gently push or pull the mat into position with your foot as required. Ensure that when doing so, no part of the mat is anchored to the floor. Pulling or pushing the mat via the ergo bar when the mat is anchored will cause excess material strain and could result in damage.
10) The AFS-TEX™ 2000X, 4000X, 5000X and 5000 S2S have raised ergonomic features to maximize their effectiveness.
Always push your AFS-TEX™ mat under your desk when not in use to avoid potential trip hazards.
In order to get the best results please note the following:
1) The mat should be laid on a flat and even indoor floor.
2) Do not wear high heeled or stiletto foot wear while using the mats, as this could result in puncturing of the mat surface.
3) Ensure the mat surface is kept clean. Grit or other debris on the mat surface could cause damage to the surface from foot movement friction.
4) Only clean the mat using mild soap and water. Ensure the mat is totally dry, top and bottom, before further use.
5) Do not fold the mats as this is liable to create excess material strain and damage.
6) Do not use caster based chairs on the mats.
7) Do not anchor mats with heavy objects or furniture.
10 Year Limited Warranty
The Floortex AFS-TEX™ range is covered by a 10 year limited warranty.
This WARRANTY IS VOID under certain conditions, including but not limited to;
1) Uses other than floor-located anti-fatigue use while standing in suitable footwear (see use and care conditions above).
2) Positioning furniture, including any type of chair, on the mat surface
3) Use of the mat in an application not recommended by Floortex for that particular model.
4) Cutting or altering the AFS-TEX™ product in any way, by any individual or company other than Floortex or its designated agent.
5) Using the AFS-TEX™ product outdoors.
6) Damage to the product as a result of abuse, misuse, misapplication, neglect, accident, disaster, alteration or modernization.
All AFS-TEX™ mats and footrests are manufactured from polyurethane (PU) formulated to provide an optimum standing surface.
The AFS-TEX™ 2000X, 3000, 3000X, 4000X, 5000X and Active Platform have a tactile cover produced from fine woven polyester.
Both the polyurethane and polyester cover contain a biocidal additive, Zinc Pyrithione, to protect the product from microbial deterioration.
For further information, please contact us at CustomerServices@AFS-TEX.com